Winter is here and that means colder weather and frozen pipes. North Beach Water District is strongly encouraging its customers to take the necessary precautions to avoid costly damages associated with failure to winterize.
Please consider implementing the following winterizing steps:
- Turn off outside faucets and disconnect hoses.
- Insulate outside faucets with Styrofoam covers or other insulating material.
- Insulate exposed pipes in unheated areas such as crawl spaces and under kitchen and bathroom cabinets.
- locate your main water control valve or have one installed in case you need to shut off the water supply.
Seasonal and part time residents should also:
- Shut off the main water supply.
- turn off the electricity to and drain the water heater.
- Drain and blow out the water supply lines.
- Winterize toilets and drain traps by filling them with biodegradable antifreeze.
For more information please watch the video about water damage from busted water pipes by clicking on the link below.